We are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. We believe that the Bible is God's true and holy Word, which is without error and serves as the only foundation for all Christian faith and practice.
We are a Lutheran congregation of believers. That is to say, we believe, teach and confess the truths of God’s Word explained in the Book of Concord. This historical book, originating in the late sixteenth century, contains documents in which Christians of northern Europe endorsed the reforms led by Martin Luther and others. In this book they explained what they believed and taught on the basis of Holy Scripture, embracing what the universal or catholic church taught for sixteen prior centuries. These writings contain extensive references to both Holy Scriptures and the Church Fathers. The Book of Concord has been embraced as the official teachings of millions of Lutheran believers on all continents for nearly 450 years.
What we believe and teach is more briefly summarized in the Ecumenical Creeds of the ancient Church: the Apostles Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed. As members of the one, holy Church we believe and teach that:
- God is Three Persons in One God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is both true God and true Man, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- The Roman Procurator Pontius Pilate, incited by those who hated Jesus, condemned Him to death and crucified Him.
- After suffering and dying on the cross, Jesus was buried by His followers.
- On the third day He rose from the dead, according to the prophecies of Holy Scripture.
- He ascended into heaven to reign over all things and will return as the Judge of all living as well as those who died before His glorious return.
- In Holy Baptism we are buried with Christ Jesus and brought with Him into life.
- The Third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, works through the Word of God to nurture and strengthen this new life in us and in all members of the Body of Christ.
- The same Holy Spirit leads us to return to our Baptism, confessing our sins, dying with Christ, receiving His forgiveness and daily rising again with Him to life.
- Christ gives to His Body, the Church, His very Body and Blood in, with and under the Bread and Wine of the Lord’s Supper. We celebrate and share this Sacrament when we gather each Sunday to worship Him.
- We will be raised from the dead on the Last Day to live with our Lord Jesus Christ in the wonder and glory of the new creation.
We are called together by Christ to share these beliefs. We look forward to doing that with you in personal conversation, in public worship and in our classes. We pray that you will join us to worship and to live for our glorious God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Living Savior Lutheran Church
Worship on Sunday at 8:00AM, 9:30AM and 10:45AM
309 Pond Street | Montgomery, TX 77356 | PH: (936) 597-8013
Office Hours: 8:30AM - 2:30PM (Monday thru Friday)